Tuesday, December 18, 2012

paleo diet, older guys, and so much more

so, i ended up meeting said guy from crossfit post mentioned here.  couple things i should start by saying, he was attractive, i did think he was cute.  very fit (as you can imagine, he does crossfit) and tall, but here comes the good stuff.  so, my friend and i ended up going to a zumba class, which was a lot of fun, and the plan was to meet said guy at a cafe/deli after all three of us worked out (note:: in workout clothes, no shower, no getting dolled up, nothing like my typical dates) to get to know each other.  so, my friend and i head to the lunch spot and he shows up showered in nice clothes, WHAT?  i already felt uber disgusting and a little insecure meeting someone in gym clothes and kind of sweaty/smelly, but i was holding onto the fact that he would look the same.  instead, homeboy shows up in his seven jeans, nice shirt, and brown dress shoes.  i resigned quickly to the fact that there was no way i could go to the bathroom and shower or look any different, he was getting 100% natural kelsey sans makeup and after workout.  i quickly learned that he follows a pretty strict diet... paleo.  if you are not sure what this is, it basically means he eats what cavemen would have eaten, so meats, nuts, and berries... he does allow himself to cheat a little with cheese, ha.  i was thinking, my cheat day would consist of some chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, pizza, french fries, and all the processed goodness out there.  while i try to eat relatively healthy and i do workout, i am not obssessive about it, nor do our eating habits align in any way, shape, or form, ha.  so, i could probably get past that, but then he got on a tangent about the hollistic approach to treatment of ailments.  he basically doesn't think we should treat people with medication.  the irony behind this is that he is a nurse, so he gives out medicine all day.  i would agree that some doctors over medicate their patients, but where we differ is i do not think all of people's illnesses are caused by environmental factors or do i buy into the herbal solutions or diet out there.  i agree that changing one's diet could help alleviate problems they may have.  for example, someone who is borderline diabetic or has knee pain, if they lose weight by eating healthier may reduce their knee pain without medicine and they may no longer be diabetic.  there are cases, for me i take thyroid medicine, that i think medication is completely warrented.  at some point, i interrupted the lunch meeting and said, so basically you think i shouldn't have a job (i was joking, but kind of annoyed).... i help bring new drugs into the world, haha.

the biggest thing i took away from our lunch was that we don't have a lot in common.  i think he is a super nice guy, talks a lot and is very passionate about life coaching, eating healthy, working out, etc.  at one point he mentioned his dad was a campus minister, i wanted to hear more about that, but someone that was brushed over and not discussed in detail.  i didn't really talk a lot, my friend and him had a lot in common (not like that, she is married), so i am glad i avoided the awkward crossfit workout and i am thankful for my friend for setting us up, but this one wasn't meant to be.

moving on to other stories, i am currently doing the online dating thing... why you may ask, but i work from home by myself, and i do not have a lot of places to meet people.  i recently had a 43 year old try to talk to me, and i can really do no explanation of this one other than to copy and paste what he sent me... i CANNOT make this stuff up, haha...

I've always thought it would be cool to go to Haiti, but have never had the opportunity to go. Well, you sound like you might be more than just another pretty face. Something tells me that you're probably getting about 50 emails a day from loser guys saying things like "Hi, I'm freshly divorced from my seventh wife, have 5 delinquent kids... but the good news is that I have a good chance at finally getting a job..." etc.

In any event, I have my life together, and I'm more than the usual amount of interesting and funny, so you'd better like to laugh.


You sound like you might make an interesting friend, so let's get together for a cup of something delicious and some stimulating conversation... if you're up for some fun, that is!


Look forward to hearing from you,


Bill

He then sent another email, which was like three days later and it was worded similar... so then after i sent one or two sentences, trying to give him a chance, I get this....

I've gone to a couple of holiday parties, but not too many really. Wow, you're a real person. Great. I guess we have a couple of options here. We could start an email relationship, fall madly in love, and maybe even get a priest to marry us in a live chat ceremony...

Then again, we could get together for a cup of tea and some stimulating conversation and make friends. And then after I can validate that you're actually the cute girl in these pictures I've seen of you, we can talk about the online marriage thing.


If you have a free minute, give me a call tonight. My number is 704-906-2923. I'm a pretty busy person, and I can't guarantee that I'll be home, but please give a try. And please call before 11 PM because that's when my mom makes me go to sleep.


By the way, where can I reach you if I want to call you ten times a day?


Look forward to hearing from you,


Bill 


on that one, i said I am not interested... seriously this guy was 43, what in the world?  i am thankful this provides some humor most days.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment