Friday, December 14, 2012

crossfit for a first date, what?

so, i am forever being set up by people, which i appreciate.  as you can see, since i am still single, many times they do not work out.  the funny thing, a lot of times we don't even make it to an actual meeting, but sometimes we do.  most recently, a good friend of my, whom i babysat her children all during college, called to see if i would be up for a set up.  i always agree, unless there is a huge red flag.  she explained that she has been working out with him for about three years and that he is just a great guy.  she went on to explain that he is a nurse, loves to dance, and is a christian.  i thought, sounds good to me, i'll at least meet him.  she did say he chooses to shave his head and has a goatee.  i kind of laugh to myself, as i am not a fan of facial hair, but i am learning that you can't have it all, so who knows, he could be a phenominal guy with some facial hair... i digress, but will definitely meet him.  she says, "i don't know how you people do things these days, but i'll talk to him and see."  i suggested just giving him my phone number and letting him be a man and call a girl (seems to be a foreign idea these days, but i still have hope).  a few days later i heard back from her, she says, i am getting a sense from him that he is shy.... odds are not in his favor... don't like a shy guy.  she says, i don't think he feels comfortable calling you and meeting up for coffee or lunch by himself.  really?  i am thinking that is lame, but i guess i thrive by myself with someone, others get nervous... note to self:: extend grace and be understanding:)  so, the two options i was given were to meet him for a free crossfit workout at their gym and then head to lunch with my friend and him or go to zumba with my friend, then he can come back with us to her house and we all back christmas cookies with the kids....

one, it should be stated that i have never done crossfit a day in my life, and it quite frankly it terrifies me.  the people i know that do it are beasts and the most fit peole i know.  they don't have an ounce of fat on them, would never dream of eating a cheeseburger, and so, me and my average self like to indulge in a sinful treat every now and then and this sounded like an awful plan.  not to mention, i am an ugly workout person.  i mean, i don't wear make up (many at my gym do), why would i want to sweat it all off.... my face is so red i look as if i may pass out at any second, oh wait, i may, because it is hard... and i sweat, did i mention that already.  all of these things combined sound like a great first impression NOT.  then, after all of that, you want to go to lunch, typically after a really hard workout, i go home and lay on my living room floor, drinking endless amounts of water, trying to catch my breath, and wonder what in the world just happened to me, but somehow i am supposed to pull myself together and impress a guy?  what.in.the.world? 

the second option wouldn't be so bad, zumba can be fun (it isn't my favorite, but i love to workout with friends and would to head to the gym with her), but again i don't want to go to lunch with him afterwards.  as for the baking christmas cookies afterwards, i would be all for that with the kids, whom i love and adore, but why does this stranger have to come and rain on my parade?  i only get to see them once every few months, so trying to impress someone while baking cookies, i think not.  have i mentioned that i am terrible in the kitchen?  not one of my gifts at all.  i should note; however, that i am amazing with kids:)  that would be one plus. 

so, as of now, we don't have a plan, i was told to bring workout clothes and to plan for any of the options above.... i'll have to post a part two to see what ended up happening.  goodness, the things i get myself into.  i hope i don't have to do a crossfit workout with a strange guy i haven't ever met, as i may be posting this from a hospital after i pass out and have to be taken there... here's hoping not:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment